Mighty Mekong River Fishing Adventure
Phnom Penh – Stung Treng – Phnom Penh
5 days / 4 nights
BOOK DIRECT NOW & SAVE $$$
We guarantee best value for money if you book direct.
* Refer to booking conditions
* Special price for families with children
* Cost – depends on group size This price is per person in a twin/double share room. Booking for a greater number of people (ie. 5 people) you will receive a discount rate if compare to booking for 2 people. Please refer to the for details of what is included in the cost.
- Fish one of the most diverse rivers in the world
- Watch Irrawaddy river dolphins by boat
- Explore Mekong River and its mighty falls
- Kayak through flooded forests of Ramsar Wetlands
- Explore the Mekong River at its most beauty
- Observe birds & Mekong softshell turtles in season
Phnom Penh to Stung Treng by private transfer.
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 8:00am then the day starts with a transfer to Stung Treng (stopping for lunch in Kratie), having arrived to Stung Treng, our expert friendly fishing guide will welcome you at your arrival to the hotel. Overnight at an excellent riverside hotel.
- Hotel (1 night)
Preah Rumkel Fishing.
Today we begin our journey from town to the remote area. Travel north by car to Vouen Kam (Anlong Morokot) where we will board a boat and head up river to Preah Rumkel on Laos border, a rocky stretch of river distinguished by its deep water pools and numerous islands. Along the way there is a chance to see Cambodian-Laos fisherman and you can learn about their traditional fishing style. We will spend much of the day fishing this excellent location. Further up river, a powerful waterfall creates a natural barrier to fish movement and we will find numerous fish species in the region downriver from this. There is an opportunity to walk to this remote waterfall that thwarted the grand designs of French imperialists (and which now mark the Lao border). Afterwards, we will continue by boat downstream to Anlong Cheuteal. We will set up camp on a sandy beach and enjoy dinner around a campfire on a small island. Though during wet season it might be flooded, if so, homestay is another option.
- Homestay/Tent (1 night)
- Stung Treng – Mighty Mekong Fall
- Stung Treng – Fishing
- Stung Treng – Hang Khone
O’Svay Kayaking and Fishing.
We will awake to the sounds of rare freshwater dolphins surfacing around the island. The island is located just off from a deep water pool where the dolphins are based and various other large freshwater species of fish lurk. After breakfast, we will begin a kayaking trip down river through the remote flooded forests of the Mekong, Ramsa wetlands. It stretches south along the Mekong River from the border with Laos to Stung Treng. After lunch, we will travel into the Mekong Wetlands, one of the most bio diverse river regions in the world, and begin fishing for Freshwater giant stingray and Catfish throughout the day and evening. Only accessible by boat, Koh Hip and its surrounding areas are a haven for critically endangered mammals, birds and fish and a unique riverine flooded forest system that is a photographer’s dream. We will camp on an island (Koh Hip) overnight. There is an opportunity to go frogging at night.
- Tent (1 night)
- Stung Treng – Kayaking through Mekong Flooded Forests
- Stung Treng – Fishing
Mekong Wetlands and O’Talas Fishing.
We will awake to the sounds of birds as here there are the most bird species in the whole Mekong including Great cormorants and Darters. After an early morning breakfast it is time to continue downstream. We will fish most of the day over a 20 kilometer stretch of the river where, with some patience, it is possible to catch some very large fish. This is a part of the river known for numerous fish species that are found nowhere else and prized for their quality and size. In the evening, we will arrive at the confluence of the Mekong and Sekong Rivers and cross over to dock at our hotel. You can relax in comfort on the riverside in Stung Treng.
- Hotel(1 night)
- Stung Treng – Fishing
Stung Treng to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap by a private transfer.
After morning breakfast it is time to make your return journey back to Phnom Penh. Travel south, back through the old river port of Chhlong, home to some of the best examples of French colonial architecture in the country. Have lunch at stops on the road, returning to your Phnom Penh hotel between 2 and 5pm, depending on weather and traffic.
This itinerary is written based on our tour research expeditions. It should be read in order to get a good general impression and NOT as a detailed hour by hour itinerary. Cambodian Pride Tours works with the local people; we can change parts of the tour due to weather terrain conditions depending on the season and customer requests.
- All breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
Local transportation by private vehicle and boat
Accommodation in confirmed room category and named hotels
- Accompanied at all time by experienced English speaking friendly guide
- All sightseeing and transfer services as detailed in our itinerary
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Stung Treng – Three Day Fishing in the Mekong Wetlands with Fishing Gears
- Stung Treng – Mighty Mekong Falls
- Stung Treng – Flooded Forests Kayaking
The price of the tour does not include
- Tour services not detailed in our itinerary
- Laundry service
- International taxes and visa fees
- Early Hotel check-in/ Late check-out
- The price of the Cambodian visa
- All additional meals
- Optional programs not included in the main program
- Tips and gratuities
- Health, accident and luggage insurance
Similar tours you may like
Couldn't find suitable trip for yourself? Let us help you!
Please kindly send us your ideas about the cruise, departure date, itinerary, destinations or anything about your group. We will send you the most suitable trip and best offers quickly!
Lonely Planet Mentioned
Local tours website operated by two enthusiastic young guides from the Kratie area keen to promote real life experiences.