Half-day tour of local living and Kratie industry
Kratie Province, Cambodia.
BOOK DIRECT NOW & SAVE $$$
We guarantee best value for money if you book direct.
* Refer to booking conditions
* Special price for families with children
* Cost – depends on group size This price is per person in a twin/double share room. Booking for a greater number of people (ie. 5 people) you will receive a discount rate if compare to booking for 2 people. Please refer to the for details of what is included in the cost.
|Number of Traveler||1pax||2pax||3pax||4pax +|
|Price (Per Person in USD)||$35||$25||$23||$18|
|Number of Traveler||Price (Per Person in USD)|
- Rice whiskey distillery
- Rice noodle
- Bamboo sticky rice
- Brick factory
- Phnom Sambok
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours
- Pickup location: Pick-up from any centrally located hotels in Kratie.
- Pickup time: 2.00 PM
- Drop off location: Drop-off at any centrally located hotels in Kratie.
- Activities: Local living / lifestyle pieces tour and local industry tour
You will be picked up by your friendly English speaking guide with a remok (tuk tuk) or motorbike from from your hotel/guesthouse and travel north on the old National Route 7 along the river bank. Visit Rusey Cha village to see the local brick factory. This is the biggest brick making operation in eastern Cambodia and it supplies brick to multiple provinces. Next we visit Tmor Kre village to see bamboo sticky rice (Kralan) production. Kralan is a Southeast Asian rice dish made of sticky rice with red beans, sugar, grated coconut and coconut milk roasted in specially-prepared bamboo sections of different diameters and lengths. Tmor Kre is rated as one of the most popular villages in Cambodia for Kralan production. Afterwards we travel to Sambok village where you will see local distillery, rice whisky and Khmer rice noodle production. Throughout the tour your guide will provide information about the local lifestyle of the people in Kratie Province. Your guide is from the local area and can answer any questions you have. Complete your tour with a visit to Phnom Sambok with a mini trek up the hillside staircase and wander around observing stunning views of the Mekong River and pastoral Kratie countryside and interesting statues around the hilltop pagoda. You may even spot some of the local monkeys!
Motor bike (1 person), motorized Tuk Tuk (2 persons and up)
- All programs according to the description
- Whisky tasting
The price of the tour does not include
- Any personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for guides & driver
- Any other items not mentioned
- Tips for the boat man or guide
Similar tours you may like
Couldn't find suitable trip for yourself? Let us help you!
Please kindly send us your ideas about the cruise, departure date, itinerary, destinations or anything about your group. We will send you the most suitable trip and best offers quickly!
Lonely Planet Mentioned
Local tours website operated by two enthusiastic young guides from the Kratie area keen to promote real life experiences.